Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

War is Declared 2005

The finished fence.

It is very attractive, at least I think so. The rabbits are not sure what happened to their salad and dessert bar. I see them sitting on the outside looking in, and I am almost sure I can hear them muttering under their breath. If rabbits swear, then I guess that is what they are doing!

The PVC pipe was perfect to attach the lattice to. We ended up with beautiful even curves.

The lattice fencing sure does curve around the bends easily. The hardest part of the whole project was digging the holes for the posts. There is about a foot of gravel which had been added to the driveway over the years, to be dug through before getting to the soil. Mike sure did a great job, I sure do appreciate his hard work. He tells me it will take many, many blackberry pies to pay off this project.

Mike could not stand to see me so upset any longer, and he really is not fond of rabbit stew, so off to Home Depot we drove. We bought some nice PVC lattice fencing and some posts. The PVC pipe is with compliments from our landscaper friend, Wayne.

Yep! I declared war on Peter Rabbit's relatives. Silly me thinking a little ol' chicken wire fence was going to keep those long eared, buck toothed wabbity wabbits out of the garden, they jumped over the top of the fence.

1 comment:

Ted said...

I really like the fence. We might try something like that here. The dog fencing all came down when the dogs left and now we just need decorative fencing.