Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Photos taken March 25th

I am finally catching up on posting all the pictures I have taken of my new and last years plants.

This white primrose is new. I planted it in my Hosta garden around the 25th of march.

Two more primroses planted in the Hosta garden the same day as the white one. The lower one is a pretty pink, it looks a little washed out in the photo.

More primroses, you would think I liked them. I like to grow plants in containers other than pots. Here I have used an old watering can as a planter for Hens and Chicks. The pot to the left of the watering can, holds a rabbit chewed daisy. I was a little slow in getting the pot out of the way of our long eared friends, but the daisy is recovering and showing new growth.

Last years addition of primroses to the garden have done very well in this spot, though slug and snail bait is needed. The plant in the lower right corner had out grown it's pot, so I moved it to the garden. It is another plant I lost the label for, I will do some research and get it's name posted.

One of the Hostas waking up from it's winter nap.


No comments: