Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

THE BEGINNING 2004

I am well pleased with my Garden. I have added some *Critters* to the garden. In the Dollar Store I found some turtles, frogs, and some other cutesy garden stuff. Notice the wire fence around the garden, we have other *critters* who have taken a liking to the new plants. I believe they are related to Peter Rabbit.

The garden is coming along very nicely. Everything I have planted is doing well.

We are fortunate in having a friend in the landscaping business, I managed to sweet talk him in to bringing over a backhoe bucket of mulch. After spreading the mulch all around my new plants I stood back and said to myself, " myself, you have done a fine job of that garden!"

Some of the new plants in place, more trips to the garden center planned to decide what other plants I would like. So far I have a couple of daylilys, oriental lilys, hostas, a hydrangea, petunias, a couple of ferns, and some geraniums.

April 2004
Before getting to this stage, I had to spend many days pulling out half dead scruffy shrubs (greenus crapus) which had been here since the 1950's, then spreading new soil and compost. It was back breaking work, but well worth the effort.

No comments: