Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Countdown

I am getting the hang of using this tiny keyboard on the notebook, and having to sit very close so I can see what is on the seven and a half inch screen.

I wonder how large the Rubine Brussels Sprouts will be when I return from New Zealand. I want to cook them with shallots and pancetta.


There are still a few tomatoes on a couple of plants, but they are pretty much tasteless now. Perhaps there will be a day without rain before I leave on vacation, so I can pull the plants out and clean up the bed.
Just six days before jetting out of here.

5 comments:

Darla said...

You will be a pro at using that before you leave!

Lona said...

Oh you will be a whiz at it in no time KeeWee. Now me I hate change ;-) I hope you have a wonderful vacation and take lots of pictures.

Em said...

Yay for holidays! You chose the right time to come to NZ - Spring has been very very slow to get started here, but now that Summer is only weeks away Spring has finally woken up. Crossed fingers that it stays good for your travels :) Have a great holiday :)

Peggy said...

A complete change of scenery and season in NZ!I am sure you will have the notebook off by heart in a few days,i look forward to seeing your pics of NZ, enjoy the holiday

Anonymous said...

Jennifer~~ I've got some questionable remnant tomatoes too. I don't think they're salvagable at this point.

I think those new notebooks are way cool. It took some getting used to the laptop keyboard and mouse but now I wouldn't want to go back to the standard. I'm excited for your trip.