Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Who says?

Nothing in this life is free. When it comes to gardeners, well almost all gardeners, we like to share, so plants can be free.

A friend stopped by and left me hellebores, hardy Geranium and some succulents.There were way more than I needed, so I in turn, shared them with another friend. There is nothing quite like the feeling of sharing the wealth of our gardens, whether it be flowers or vegetables, with friends and neighbors.


10 comments:

Ellie Mae's Cottage said...

What nice friend! None of my friends garden so I'm the one doing the sharing but that is OK it's one of the joys of gardening. -Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer~~ What a blessing. Perennials: the plants that keep on giving. I think part of it is that most of gardeners think alike. We know what a joy it is to get a freebie from a friend. In fact the plant is that much better because of where [who] it came from. Non-gardeners probably wouldn't understand. Cheers.

islandgardener said...

The way of the gardener -- share and share alike! In my case, I will definitely share my extra bounty from the veg garden!

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

Such a nice friend... I guess gardening really bring home the meaning of sharing.......

~ bangchik

Cathy S. said...

A nice friend indeed! I always share my garden flowers with my neighbor and she shares with me too.

dinzie said...

It's good to be able to share things that way :O)

ryn - her's hoping it will be a great spring for you :O)

D

Victoria Williams said...

Lucky you! That's fantastic.

lynn'sgarden said...

Lucky you! Alot of my plants come from swaps and I think we enjoy them a little more as they remind us of those wonderful friends :)
Lynn

Phoenix C. said...

How lovely!

I have many plants which friends have given me over the years, which in turn I have divided and shared. When I look at the garden I'm reminded of the friends who gave the plants, so it is double the pleasure.

Colleen Wms said...

Finally I have been in a position to give some plants away. I've had a few takers and so far the best I got was a small dogwood tree! I needed one.