Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I seem to have a color scheme


The colors of blue, purple and pink in my flower garden, was not intentional at all. I bought and planted flowers I like without considering color, then there are plants which were given to me by friends. I did not plan a color scheme for my garden, but much to my surprise and delight, it all has come together in a very pleasing, eye candy way.

11 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

Isn't it nice when things like that happen. It puts a smile on my face. Love your photos.

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

Those are all my favorite colors from the crayon box!

Cathy S. said...

It is great, and looks great, so therefore it feels great.

Chloe m said...

I noticed the same thing happening in my garden as well. Styling by accident, I wouldn't have it any other way. Someone said, And I can't remember who, that if everything you bring into your home is your favorite then how can you go wrong? I feel the same about my garden. Nice photo layout!

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

a multi colored scheme in full display .... nice,

~ bangchik

Unknown said...

Looks great, and yes... most of mine are in the same family too. My red poppies are the only real stand outs. I love a tranquil scheme.

Anonymous said...

Darn right, Jennifer. The sweetest eye candy!! You're a garden designer extraordinaire! I'm partial to these colors too but I will also include blue/reds such as carmine, cerise and crimson.

Victoria Williams said...

You just naturally made yourself a gorgeous garden!

Dee/reddirtramblings said...

And a lovely color scheme it is.~~Dee

Ellie Mae's Cottage said...

I love those colors too. But I also like reds, oranges, and yellow which make for a eclectic garden in my yard. Gardening is so new to me that I don't have any type of design really - I'm just happy when something I put in the ground survives! LOL -Jackie

islandgardener said...

It's great when that happens! I love blue flowers, in particular. So hard to get a true blue, but so spectacular. This color palette that you have seems very calming for certain! Janet