Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Sunday, March 11, 2007

March 11th

Every time I was ready to take a picture, I was buffeted by a gust of wind, so I had to take these pictures in between the gusts, and take several pictures to make sure at least one of them would be in focus.

This lovely Hyacinth is almost in full bloom and you just get a hint of the fragrance which, will deepen as the flower opens.

Grape Hyacinths always remind me of my Grandmother's garden which was a sea of blue in early Spring. With a few more days of warm weather these should open fully.

I can hardly wait to see the colors of 60 tulips I planted last fall.

The Chionodoxa is the cutest little flower. This one is barely three inches tall, with little dainty perfect flowers.

1 comment:

mistaya's M.O.M. said...

Your garden is already becoming beautiful! Please keep the pictures coming!