Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

My next challenge

The garden area around two sides of the carport really needs some work.

The forsythia and lilac need pruning back so they will regain their original beauty.

These three roses had grown over tall and were in terrible shape. I have cut them back by about two thirds, and said if they don't make it, then I will replace them. So far two of them have new shoots and are showing signs of recovery, the third I am waiting to see if it will grow more new shoots as the rabbits ate the first few which grew before I put the wire around them. It is a good thing I bought a 150 foot roll of chicken wire, I sure will need it to protect my plants from the rabbits.

This side of the carport gets all the hot morning sun, so I will have to find sun loving flowers for here. You can see some bluebells which seem to like the heat. The pasture has encroached upon the garden and will take some time to get it knocked back into shape.

There are some kind of spring bulbs growing here, but so far those long eared, buck toothed, cotton tailed, critters have eaten all the flower buds off before they could bloom, so it seems more chicken wire is called for. I am tired just thinking about all the work I will have to do around the carport to make it look nice again.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend,looks as though you have your work cut out for you .
D