Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Thursday, July 02, 2009

We are now feeding three

NO, I am not pregnant, Yikes!! what a thought, but I had you going there for a minute, didn't I? *Chuckle*

We do have an addition to our family, a wee tiny baby bunny. He was sitting very quietly out by our RV and seemed to be sick or injured. You can read My honey's account of the story HERE.

I can't believe how unafraid of us this little critter is. It almost seems as though he/she knows we are taking good care of him/her until it gets well. We have even considered keeping the sweetie if it will use the litter box consistently. As it is, the baby is using the litter box most of the time right now. My vegetable garden is providing some really good, fresh greens for the little one, who has quite an appetite for someone so tiny.
Yes, I know, some of you are probably thinking us two old, mature folks are crazy, but we could not let this little critter crawl off and die, which is what it would have done. We just wanted to save it if we could, and so far we have been successful, but you never know with wild animals, they can seem well, then just up and die anyway, so we have our fingers crossed, that he is on the mend after being in our tender loving care since Tuesday.


12 comments:

Chloe m said...

Oh my goodness, such a tiny, sweet bunny, good luck! You have to wonder where its' momma is.
Rosey

Cathy S. said...

I hold them all the time, in my garden when I water it, the babies comes out from under the flowers and jumps into our window wells all the time so I have to reach in there and pull them out almost twice a week I do this. They are cute! Have a great 4th of July!

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

So it found a good home and a good "mother" too. Mother Jennifer sounds just like Mother Theresa.

happy feeding.
~ bangchik

Caroline said...

Aww! I would do the same thing, I'm afraid. Then, once it's all better, I'd let it loose in the garden where it would return the favor by eating all my veggies. Hee!

Robin's Nesting Place said...

So adorable! I'm seeing some small ones in my yard too. I've tried to get pictures of them but they scamper even quicker than the larger rabbits. hopefully your little friend will make it.

RURAL said...

Awww so very cute.

Jen

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

What a cutie, I'm glad you're taking care of it.

Carrie said...

Best of luck with you gorgeous little bundle of fluff, he/she is adorable looking. Hope it gets stronger and stronger and builds a bond with you both. Well done for not simply ignoring him/her.

Carrie said...

Ahhaha, the next word verification word popped up there - it's bunwi. I thought it was funny, like bunny you see??? I laugh alone right?

Victoria Williams said...

Oh my gosh, I just read your hubbie's post. What a sweet little rabbit, and what a sweet hubbie you have.
I hope the bunnie makes it OK and recovers.

vuejardin said...

You have a good heart, the bunny is so luck to ended up in a good home.

dinzie said...

Too cute :O) At least he will be well fed from that Veggie garden of yours :O)

Hope he makes it

D