Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Thursday, July 16, 2009

There is always another way

of viewing things.

As I sat on the porch enjoying a cool drink, I glanced down at a pot of pansies. Instead of looking at all their happy faces, I was looking at the back of some of the flowers, and it was then I realized how interesting flowers look from the back or underside.



If we take the time to really look around us, most times, there is always something we have not noticed before, to interest us.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

A very good point, KeeWee. I like to lay on the ground and look up under my plants. Of course, I have a large and private yard so there are no neighbours to think I'm nuts...;-)

Darla said...

Love the show of your blooms. I am trying so hard not to laugh..I have photos of my blooms from the backside too, just makes me think of men who almost break their necks to see the backside of women. Guess the backside is something to ponder...LOL

Anonymous said...

Well said, Jennifer. My assignment for tomorrow: a different point of view!

Ellie Mae's Cottage said...

So true! Thanks for giving us a different point of view. I love the slide show you created! -Jackie

Chloe m said...

Very pretty! Thanks for posting!
Rosey

Autumn Belle said...

Keewee, that's a very creative and interesting slide show. Yes, it is so very true. In life, we should always look at the 'other side'.

Kit Aerie-el said...

Excellent! I love looking at things from all different angles (could it be the Libra in me?). Thanks for pointing out another! Great shots!

Dee/reddirtramblings said...

Keewee, ah, it's all about perspective isn't it? Loved seeing the pansies from behind and below with the sun shining through their petals. Thanks.~~Dee

Corner Gardener Sue said...

What a fun post! This was one where the comments were a treat, too! LOL I liked them all, but being a SkyWatch fan, I noticed the ones with the sky in them.

Thanks for thinking of this and following through!

Gail, I want someone to take your picture while lying down to view your plants, and have you post it on your blog. ;o)