Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Progress at last.

Yesterday the weather was perfect for gardening, and I accomplished a lot in the few hours I was outdoors.

It is hard to read the text on the photo, but it says, Peas and parsnips under cover, which is wrong. Carrots and parsnips are under the cover, and the peas are planted on the left end of the raised bed.
 Swiss chard is growing in front of the cover, and the two cages will support tomatoes after they are planted.


This photo gives you an idea of how part of the 20x20 foot garden area is layed out.

I have placed popsicle sticks in the soil to mark where I want the sweetcorn to go. Doing this saves me time when the weather warms the soil enough for planting, which should be second or third week in May.

2 comments:

Nelson said...

Looking good. You have been busy.

Lona said...

My you have been busy. I am ready for some warm weather that will stay around. It was such a long.... winter. LOL! Have a lovely weekend.