Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Well earned R&R coming up

A few more photos to hold you until I return from a few days sitting beside Bank's Lakes WA. I really need a few days of rest as I feel worn out, and who knows how I will feel after my first ever visit to a chiropractor this morning. I have had a couple of falls within the last couple of years and since then have had pain in my left leg. Exrays have shown no bone damage, but as I fell backwards and both times came down on my behind, I am thinking perhaps I have a pinched nerve.Well we will see, if nothing else the good company of friends, a glass or two, or perhaps three and doing nothing unless I have too will be enjoyed to the fullest.

The two ripe beauties did not make it outside the garden fence yummy!

Scarlet runner beans

A PVC pipe about a foot long, with holes drilled along bottom edge, and sunk in the raised beds.
A easy way to compost, as the worms enter through the holes, consume the veggie scraps which have been place inside the pipe, and distribute the goodness throughout the raised bed.

So many blueberries to look forward to

I like to plant flowers with the veggies in the raised beds, also add flowers in pots here and there.

The straw is doing a good job of keeping weeds at bay and conserving moisture.

A few pot brightening up a corner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pics Jenn..... I wish you a well deserved rest... take the greatest care dear friend... love and hugs to you. Ginco