Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Monday, June 03, 2013

Better late than never

Sorry I have not been posting lately, but I have had a rather busy schedule. Yesterday I spent a lot of time in the veggie garden,and this year I couldn't be more pleased with the growth. We have had a very wet Spring so the plants have responded well, I also have experimented with adding new amendments to the soil in the raised beds.



Through the garden fence

Kale and cabbage in the rear, scarlet runner beans on the left



bush beans

Best lettuce I have ever grown

strawberries ripening

The tomatoes have flowers. This one is Early girl

2 comments:

Lona said...

It is such a busy time of the year Jennifer. Your garden is looking so good.Strawberries! I love them.
My blog address has changed to:
http://lonadawn7.blogspot.com/

Lea said...

Your garden is looking good!
I almost bought strawberry plants this year - kind of sorry I didn't. My tomatoes are beginning to bloom, too!
Have a wonderful day!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie