Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Making progress on the shade/woodland garden

For the past couple of years I have been working on creating a shade/woodland garden along the shady side of the house. I still have to move in more rocks, moss covered tree stumps (recovered from an area being logged by a friend), and there is of course, the ongoing search for more interesting plants.
I know the project is probably going to take at least another year to finish as I am not getting any younger and the going gets to be rough at times. Still it is a labor of love.


4 comments:

NotSoAngryRedHead said...

New plots take FOREVER!!!! I think my biggest motivator to get it started quickly is how long it takes for plants to grow which is FOREVER! It's looking lovely and shady and rocky and mossy which are all things I love. Yay!

Keith, aka Bricky said...

Looks great! Have you considered adding some hostas?

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

Keith, yes there are some Hostas tucked in here and there.

Q said...

A new garden is a joy to create!
Yours is already lovely.
I like adding something for the birds and butterflies when I create a garden. Also a sitting spot for the humans! I love the way Sweet Woodruff grows in the shade, as a nice ground cover. I like it in my May wine too!
Sherry