Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Thursday, March 10, 2011

This past week I have heard the mating songs of the robins and juncos, heralding the coming of Spring. Crocus are blooming and daffodils are very close to showing their pretty faces too. I just love this time of year with all the changes of rebirth.

Today I took this photo of kale, on the right and peas, left, which were planted February 10th. This is the first year I have planted so early in the season, and I thought if I sheltered the seeds under a row cover for protection from the elements, perhaps I would get a jump on the season, and I did.
I have been waiting to get beet and carrot seeds planted but the weather has not co-operated, maybe this weekend I can dodge the rain showers and get them in the ground.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer, Sure a lot of rain this year, isn't there? You've definitely got green things in your little poly tunnel. I'm impressed.

Darla said...

Love seeing all of the sprouts in your tunnel...perhaps you will have a jump on the growing season.

Carrie said...

looking good :) x

Victoria Williams said...

Good for you! It was still too cold and wet for me to get out this weekend. Soon, though, I hope.