Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Friday, June 23, 2006

What's Growing June 23rd 06

The lettuce in the chicken wire surrounded pot is coming along, the nasturtiums are starting to come into full bloom, and the other potted plants are looking healthy.

The fence has kept the rabbits out of my garden this year

The geraniums I wintered over in the basement, did not make it, I won't bother to do that again.

Hosta, swiss chard, dahlias, and begonias

The palm, I place outside every summer

In the background are a couple of tomato plants which seem to like this warm spot up against the carport. I am happy to say the roses are making a comeback after I pruned them way back. They had been neglected for many years and were very tall and leggy. Amazing what some pruning and manure will do for roses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keewee..your garden is beautiful this summer. You should be very proud of your efforts..they are really showing!