Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Sunday, December 13, 2009

My new kiwi gardener/blogger friends

During my visit to New Zealand in November, I got to meet some blogger friends. Dinzie, from The Weekly Grind, and his lovely Mc D. They came and picked me up in Lower Hutt where I was staying, and we drove to the Wellington Botanical gardens. We started up at the top of the gardens where the cable car stops, and took in the fabulous view, then Dinzie left McD and I to walk down through the fabulous gardens, while he drove the car back down to park the car next to the beautiful rose gardens. McD and I enjoyed walking back down the trail, stopping now and again to look at the various plants, trees and shrubs before arriving at the rose gardens.
I was delighted to see up close, a Tui which was feeding on the nectar of the flowers of a flax plant. It was not bothered at all as I crept closer and closer, to get that perfect picture. Dinzie told me that since new Zealand has been eradicating the possums, the native bird population is increasing. I am very happy to know that the native birds are making a comeback.




Dinzie and MCD,
Thank you very much for taking me to see the lovely Botanical gardens,and for the tasty Chinese dinner and conversation we shared. It truly is wonderful to make new friends, especially since you are Kiwis, bloggers and gardeners.

8 comments:

D said...

Jennifer, thank you for the slide show... beautiful photos and how fun to meet other bloggers.

Mary Lou said...

You did not get to meet edt did you? He stays prettty quiet!

dinzie said...

It was a lovely evening and a pleasure to meet you :O)

And really pleased you got to take such marvellous pictures ...I'm very jealous of the Tui ones :O)

D

betty-NZ said...

Wellington Gardens are so full of color and I love to visit there every chance I get.
Lovely photos and how nice for you to meet a fellow blogger in person!

Unknown said...

waw. i like your post..im from philippines. check my latest post.. tnx. godbless you..

Anonymous said...

Jennifer~~ What a wonderful trip you must have had. All your photos look lush and inviting. My favorite is the tree ferns.

Do you know what's up with Blotanical's "Unreliable Feed" list on the Favorites page? It's under the list of our Faved blogs. I ask because your blog is listed on mine. Meaning I've been missing your posts. Boo hoo. I wonder, is this something that is easy to fix?

Balisha said...

Hello from Northern Illinois...
Merry Christmas,
Balisha

Charlotte Weychan said...

Happy holidays and thanks for all the glorious blog posts in 2009!