Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Plans Cancelled

Yesterday I had so many plans for today, but all was changed this morning, the moment I heard the rain beating on our roof. It has rained non stop and looks as though it will continue for the rest of the day.

Well , at least this little plant is enjoying the soaking, as are the potatoes, celery, lettuce, and marigolds I have planted over the past few days.

Quote of the day

God made rainy days so gardeners could get the housework done. ~Author Unknown


I guess I will do the housework, instead of gardening sighhhhh!

7 comments:

Cathy S. said...

I know what ya going through, rainy days...and a bit of snow coming in too and it's suppose to be spring...

lynn'sgarden said...

Would have been a great day for gardening for me but we had to go prom dress shopping! After 5 hours of malls and crowds, I'm too tired..plus it's drizzy out! Hope the weather clears tomorrow for both of us!
Lynn

Phoenix C. said...

Same round here too! It rained, and is extremely cold. No gardening, lots of pleasant conversation, just a little housework and now blogging!

Anna said...

Rain and hail here but I tell myself that those plants need the moisture just as much as the sunshine :)

Unknown said...

Yes, we have mud here too, and tonight there is thunder and lightning. South of us is getting one inch hail. I love spring, but could do w/o the storms! ~Brooke

Bren Haas said...

Sometimes things don't go as we plan. We have snow in our forecast this week. :-(

Happy Spring

Anonymous said...

KeeWee~~ Rain farther south (here) too. Bummer. At least it wasn't as cold. Maybe tomorrow...? :)