Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy as a bee in a pasture of clover

There are a couple of very good reasons why I did not write anything on Keewee's Garden yesterday. First of all, I was scheduled to work two shifts during the day, second, I just had to go to an estate sale early in the morning before my first shift. The estate sale was of the possessions of one of my former clients, and I was hoping to buy a lovely statue for my garden.

Here she is, Quan Yin She now belongs to me, along with some other wonderful treasures I could not leave behind.
Click HERE to read the rest of the story.

I also noticed, still sitting on the front deck, these two planters. I asked the person who was running the estate sale if they were for sale. She said she had overlooked them, so I asked her what she would sell them to me for, she replied $10. They are now mine too.

I think I told you once before, that my car has a tendency to pull into the garden center car park, all on it's own, and by golly, it did just that. I was compelled to buy flowers, herbs and heathers to fill these two pots.


I ran out of steam last night, so bright and early this morning I planted the flowers.

In this pot are, Mariposa, peach shades of Pansies, Kramers Rote, a Heather with vibrant magenta flowers, and Helichrysum, a dwarf Curry plant.

Here are, pink shades of pansies, Spring Torch, a Heather with Magenta flowers, and another curry plant. The curry plant has lovely silvery-white foliage, the fragrance and flavor of curry, and the yellow flowers of this plant dry well, so I will have some pretty dried flowers to work with during the cold winter months.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhhhhh lucky you - $10 I can't believe that - you stole 'em. The flowers you got are beautiful and will look so nice in them. I hit an estate sale yesterday too - got some treasures but nothing for gardening. Got some great mossy tree pics on the way home though. Guess that was worth something. ;-)

dinzie said...

Well done on the purchases :O)
D

Maria Verivaki said...

i'm so happy for you - you've done a great job taking on all those little statues. your planters look fantastic

Kerri said...

I didn't have time to leave a comment before, but I do now :)
What a wonderful bargain you got on those 2 gorgeous planters, and your statue is a beauty. You did very well for yourself :) I like your plant selections.
We've had similar experiences, coming from the southern hemisphere to the US. I came over in '71 from Australia. Do you ever go back to NZ for visits?

Anonymous said...

I love a bargain and you got a steal. I'm so happy for you. And your flowers and colors you chose are delightful.

Gardeness said...

Your car does that too? I was thinking of taking mine in but if it's a common thing... Looks like you got some great things, both at the nursery and the estate sale.

joey said...

Wow ... good deal. You are way ahead of me. Same issue with my car that happens each spring!

Peggy said...

I cannot believe you bought them for 10$! I love the bottom arrangement the shades of pink are delicate and beautifull.