Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

THE SECOND RAISED BED

IS NOW READY FOR PLANTS.

A friend of ours stopped by last night as I was shoveling top soil and compost into our first raised bed. He asked if I could use two raised bed frames he had at his home. I told him I sure would like to have them, and MrC was happy too, as that meant there would be two less beds he has to build. The original plan was to use some of the slab wood we had in a pile which was really for firewood and would have been quite a lot of work for my honey, so I am glad to save his poor old aching back some *grin*
After dinner tonight, with the help of my honey, the second of the beds is in place, full of rich dirt, and ready to receive plants and seeds. The tires in the back ground will probably be home to strawberries and herbs.
We also screwed four of the top rails onto the fence posts to which the fencing wire will be attached, but another run to the hardware store for a few more rails, has to be done before the fence can be finished.

THURSDAY EVENING

This evening I planted a few more tomatoes, four lettuce, and swiss chard in the first raised bed.

In the second bed are tomatoes, swiss chard and two bell peppers, under their mini green houses.

No comments: