Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Monday, July 07, 2014

I wasn't lost, just very busy.

So sorry I am so tardy in getting any blogging done. I just had to sit down tonight and make time.
I have created these collages of my vegetable garden, to show many photos in as little space as possible.
I am rather proud of my efforts this year, as I am really reaping the benefits of all the hard work I did in the preparation and the growing of my garden. I can tell you, manure tea is wonderful, as you can see from the lush growth in the garden.

I am harvesting carrots, raspberries, and cucumbers from these beds.

An abundance of strawberries and hopefully the same from the tomatoes this year.

I have never had such healthy corn, and look forward to the first bite.

The kale and zucchini are huge, and there are going to be many blueberries.
For a small 20x20 foot garden it produces way more than we eat, but we do like to share our abundance with friends. I do so love to grow my own as it gives me such a feeling of satisfaction, and I know we are eating the best tasting chemical free produce,

4 comments:

GRACE PETERSON said...

I understand busy, Jennifer. It seems that we all are. Your garden has been busy too--growing by leaps and bounds. Don't you love this time of year? I hope you continue to reap the rewards of your hard work. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. Take care dear friend.

Lona said...

I can see you have really been busy Jennifer. Your garden is looking wonderful. I have the manure tea but keep forgetting to use it. LOL! I will never know how it works like that. It is hard work but as you say very rewarding. Have a lovely summer.

Peggy said...

That is one productive garden! You have been busy and it is showing. How do you make your manure 'Tea'?You have a mix of different veg in each bed rather than one bed of one veg?

Jennifer AKA keewee said...

Peggy, the manure tea is very simple. I used about 4 cups of manure (chicken) in one of those zipped mesh laundry bags, tied it to the handle and dangled it inside of a 5 gallon bucket, which I then filled with water. Yes I did mix my veggies this year. I found a website which is all about companion gardening, and it seems to be working out just great, as you see by the abundance.