Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

First serious snowfall of the season

It started snowing early this morning and did not let up until around 3pm this afternoon. When I heard that the winter storm was coming through bringing lots of snow, I immediately went outside to make sure there was plenty of food for the birds.

I captured a photo of this hungry hummingbird through the kitchen window.

The trees look so beautiful with their coating of snow.

3 comments:

Chloe m said...

Enjoy that snow! I notice that the birds are always more plentiful during a snowstorm. I can't believe you have hummingbirds in Jan.! I am so envious. I miss them during the winter months.

Balisha said...

I've never seen a picture of a hummingbird in the snow.

GRACE PETERSON said...

Good for you, feeding the critters. I wonder if they get cold. Pretty snow!