Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Friday, January 02, 2009

Spring fever!

Seems I have a mild case of Spring fever. I have started going through seed catalogs to decide which vegetables I am going to grow this coming season, and last night made out a To Do List. One chore on the list, was to get outside on the first sunny day, and dig over the vegetable garden beds.

Today was about 47 degrees and sunny, so was quite pleasant working in the garden. I managed to dig over three of the beds, pulling the weeds as I went, before my back started to protest. The other beds will get done on the next nice sunny day, or at least a day with mild temperatures and no rain.

The four foot by six foot bed on the left, will be the next bed to be worked on.

The soil in the beds looks rich and fertile with plenty of worms, Just what I was wanting after all the llama manure and compost I have been adding this past year. I am hoping for an abundance of vegetables from my garden this year.


1 comment:

Adunakhyr said...

I used to love gardening...but that was long ago...

You are great!

Best wishes for 2009!!!