Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I have my fingers crossed

that we do not get our first frost of the season for a few more weeks, as the very first pumpkin I have ever grown, is filling out by leaps and bounds. I would really like to see this one mature.

I have cut the vine back, pulled off any remaining flowers and also pulled off nearly all the other small pumpkins, so the plant's energy will go into this one pumpkin.

I can't complain that I have not had enough tomatoes this year. There are still many unripe fruit on the vines, and if they do not ripen before it frosts, it will not matter. I have eaten tomatoes every day for weeks now, and never get tired of them.


1 comment:

dinzie said...

I've bought two l;ots of pumpkin seeds for my garden ... I'm going to have to be a bit creative as to where I can put them but that will sort itself out I hope .....

procuring already rotted horse manure might be more difficult .....

Anyway - one lot is to eat ..the other is to have some fun and see how large I can get it ...

McD tells me I need to get out more :O)

D