Kia hora te manno
Kia whakapapa paumamu te moana
Kia tere te Karohirohi

May the calm be widespread
May the sea glisten like the greenstone
And may the glimmer of summer dance across your pathways

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

What's Growing August 1st

My little rabbit friend was resting and watching me water the garden. Hosta 'sum substance' is new to the garden.


The Hydrangea is just starting to bloom

Euphorba-Tasmanian Tiger,( below)
was planted July 12th.





The dahlias are vibrant this year . I was wondering if the Elephant's ear (below right) was going to come up this year, it has taken a long time to produce it's leaves. I see two more shoots just to the right of the front leaf.










The Pink/purple Liatris has really taken to it's new home. Last year it was growing in a pot and did not do well at all. I am glad I decided to move it into the garden.


The Calendular has been blooming for quite some time, offering pollen for the many bees.

No comments: